- Why is North Carolina getting so little notice? Their grassroots movement while not immediately effective in stopping draconian voter suppression legislation, is effective in mobilizing a base for 2014.
Beginning in 2016, North Carolina polling places will accept only a North Carolina driver’s license, a state-issued ID card, a military ID, or a U.S. passport. An out-of-state driver’s license will work only if a voter moves into North Carolina within 60 days of an election. An old license possessed by an elderly voter will suffice only if a voter was already 70-years-old when the ID expired.
- When you have lost the support of Norm Ornstein of the rather Conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI), it means you are on the fringe. His article The Unprecedented, Contemptible GOP Quest to Sabotage Obamacare says it all.
What the Republicans are doing now goes beyond mere hardball politics — and could hurt millions of Americans affected by health-care reform.
- Republicans are in panic mode. As Paul Krugman says in his article Republican Health Care Panic
Yet even as Republican politicians seem ready to go on the offensive, there’s a palpable sense of anxiety, even despair, among conservative pundits and analysts. Better-informed people on the right seem, finally, to be facing up to a horrible truth: Health care reform, President Obama’s signature policy achievement, is probably going to work.
- Of course that article did not go unnoticed by many Kossacks as they gave it more context. Specifically teacherken in his diary says
So far the American people do not yet fully grasp that the vast majority of them will be better off with respect to medical insurance without being hit directly financially by the cost of premiums. A small number of better off Americans will wind up paying somewhat more. If the American people understand this, attempting to sabotage Obamacare will have serious political implications for Republicans.
- GOP sacrificing constituents with Obamacare sabotage
- .Today’s politics could make those on the edge that more suicidal. If the study referenced in this article is to be believed
people who drink two to four cups of java each day are less likely to commit suicide than those who don’t drink coffee, drink decaf, or drink fewer than two cups each day. The study followed over 200,000 people for at least 16 years. And it’s not just a weak link: the researchers found that the suicide risk was cut by around 50 percent for caffeine fiends.
- .Just a touching story.
In a lifesaving catch, the 10-year-old girl caught a baby that was dropped from a second-floor apartment in Decatur, Ga., after the building caught fire, the Associated Press reports.
The family living in the apartment was trapped by the fire, which reportedly started on the ground floor. DeKalb County Fire Battalion Chief Christopher Morrison said the mother had no choice but to drop her three children out the window.
- What a marriage proposal. Very touching especially after the Supreme Court victories.
Copyright 2013 Egberto Willies