Ed Schultz expressed the frustration many are feeling towards the traditional media. There are so many stories out there that are untold. There are so many facts that the media has failed to divulge. The so called Liberal Media or Traditional Media continues to push Right Wing daily talking points as news.
Is the Traditional Media being gullible? Is the Traditional Media being corporatist? Or is the Traditional Media just lazy. It is likely a combination of all the above.
Ed Schultz gave a rant today that should be taken seriously. In effect he told the Traditional Media to get off there asses and do their jobs. Here is the representative video snippet.
Ed Schultz Message To Traditional Media
There are some important truths that go untold. There are some important truths that are hidden in stories as after thoughts.
Instead of parroting daily GOP talking points intent on raising fear about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) journalists should report. They could start with the following.
- Many Republican Governors failed their states by not setting up their own exchanges.
- Many Republican Governors are sentencing thousands of children to die by not adopting the Medicaid Expansion to Obamacare.
- Many Republican Governors opting out of building their own exchanges are partially responsible for the complexity of the website’s front end and backend. As such they are partially responsible for its problems.
- Republicans are lying when they say they were not involved in writing the Affordable Care Act. The reality is that absent their involvement there would be a public option.
- Republicans are lying when they say Obamacare won’t work. It is already working for millions. Millions that were denied coverage for pre-existing conditions are now covered. Insurance companies can no longer throw folks off their policies when they get sick. There is no longer a maximum cap on insurance payouts and much more. Obamacare is based on Mitt Romney’s (R) universal healthcare in Massachusetts. Over 98.1% of Massachusetts citizens are insured. Rhonda Julian’s story would not have occurred without it.
Republicans are misleading about millions losing their insurance. The ‘insurance’ that many are losing was not insurance at all. It was a semblance of insurance. These were policies that were little more than scams. Many did not cover hospitalization, drugs, and other important healthcare needs. Ultimately the American taxpayer would be held holding the bag as the scamming insurance companies keep the citizen’s premiums.
Ed Schultz is correct, the Traditional Media, the journalists need to get off their asses and do their jobs. They are currently tools misleading Americans. They are allowing Republicans to put America’s health at risk.