Tune in Monday 9:00 PM on KPFT 90.1 FM (Houston Area)
Live stream: http://KPFT.org (Entire USA) – Podcasts:
Call (713) 526-5738 to talk to me on air.
This week’s show
August 4th, 2014
Warren fights bank on student loans
Last week Senator Elizabeth Warren touched on a subject that affect millions. She spoke about the student loan crisis created by banks. This is a story that inevitably affects a large percentage of the American population. A large number of American students are saddled with debt before they have even begun their careers.
Senator Elizabeth Warren however in the hearing last week detailed an even more sinister occurrence. Banks abuse parents who cosigned loans. I will talk about that.
Note: This is the beginning of our Summer Sizzle Fund Drive. Remember to call in and make your pledge. If it were not for you we could not cover great guests like Rula Jebreal and other authors, journalists, politicians, and experts.
Let’s get busy.
Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
|Please help us build our new Politics Done Right page by LIKEing it now|
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- David Gregory suggests that Congressman should not listen to the will of their constituents
- Elizabeth Warren grills banker over harsh student loan policies
- President Obama: ‘In the immediate aftermath of 911 … we tortured some folks’
- President Obama brags about his economy: ‘What we did worked. The Economy is better’
- Disregard GOP lies. Here’s proof the stimulus worked
- President Obama Weekly Address: It’s Time for Congress to Help the Middle Class
- Politics Done Right on Coffee Party Radio – Israel’s indiscriminate bombing hurts all Sat 12-1PM CST
- Bill Maher on giving $3 Billion to Israel – We cannot afford this sh$t anymore
- $225 million for missiles to Israel, $0 for emergency long term unemployment insurance
- Jon Stewart slams Congress for suing the President ‘Congress is the Sharknado 2 of government’
- President Obama slams Republicans for lawsuit authorization
- Joe Scarborough calls out Israel’s actions as ‘asinine’ in good piece of journalism on Morning Joe
- GOP Congress votes to authorize Speaker Boehner to file lawsuit against President Obama
- Jon Stewart mocks the inability of anyone to criticize Israel in US media
- Jon Stewart mocks US peace efforts as we sell weapons and disrupt all sides
- MCCLATCHY: Sen. Warren is tribune of left and its fondest White House wish
- Wendy Davis gets enthusiastic reception at largest Black church in Humble
- This Conservative shockingly supports America taking in refugees
- Netroots Nation 2014 in Detroit, a recommitment to the fight for a return to moral policies
- Meet The Press David Gregory called out by guest for his journalistic blunder and bias
- These guys intend to cleanup and rebuild Detroit