All our life, we have been told the story of Cuba through the eyes of Cuban Oligarchs, their sycophants, and our plutocrats. Here is the real take.
My latest Cuba rant
Consider starting from a blank slate. Hear me out on this. I did this rant after an audience member posted a note in the chat. Several of them asked me to extract my rant. Well, here it is.
We are all indoctrinated from birth. As a result, we tend to have a monolithic view of the world. That does not have to be a bad thing if it creates a humane structure with equal access to success.
The problem with indoctrination is when it comes to economic systems and the politics of many countries; it is clear that we are purposefully lied to. Why? Because any dynamic that deviates us from an indoctrination that challenges the power of our oligarchs -- and yes, we have oligarchs -- are to be snuffed out. The Powell Memo was integral in ensuring our indoctrination was near impenetrable.
But with the advent of the Internet giving us the availability of a ton of verifiable data, we can reach people and provide access to critical thinking. We have a lot of work to do.
Over the years, we learned to hate countries like Cuba and Venezuela because they chose an economic system that was not unadulterated capitalism. We could not allow those regimes to stabilize. A government whose tenet is that the country's resources belong to the masses does not sit well with a system that antiseptically exploits.
I would love your thoughts, so please do not be shy. Please be sure to sign up for our new newsletter Egberto Off The Record.
I visited Cuba in 2017. Here are a few stories I wrote then.
- The tale of three Cubans. Don’t buy into the hypocritical political crap
- Merry Christmas to Cuba, a people hurt by 50+ years of bad policy
- Why I do not hate Cuba and no person of color should nor their white allies should
My Books support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom