A recent Quinnipiac poll shows America is confused. They may elect a party standing ready to screw them all.
As one opens this particular Quinnipiac poll, it is evident that something is wrong with our psyche. We are confused. There is something to be said about critical thinking. And the lack thereof over the years in this country has made things progressively worse.
The day before the poll, I received a press release in my inbox stating that I should expect the new Quinnipiac poll. I must admit I did not expect it to be as bad for President Biden and the Democrats.
The bottom line is that the poll has Biden and the Democrats underwater by a bunch. And with the built-in Republican gerrymandering advantage, the numbers to some may seem insurmountable. But the poll also illustrated a dichotomy that still makes a Democratically positive 2022 outcome possible.
- Biden Approval: Approve 36%/Disapprove
- Party House Preference: Democratic 36%/Republican 46%.
- Party Senate Preference: Democratic 40%/Republican 46%.
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill: Support 57%/No Support 37%
- Build Back Better Bill: Support 58%/No Support 38%
- Tax the rich: Support 56%/No Support 36%
This poll shows a psychological problem with too many Americans. They are too easily driven by political spin. But worse is a media that allows politicians to create an always corporate-centric narrative that leaves the masses wanting what should be theirs.
Most disappointing are Democrats, their pundits, and Progressives’ inability to put their message out in a form where they make Republicans and neoliberals the evil that they are. They actually hurt people. There is still time to set the record straight. It cannot be left up just Democratic politicians. It is all our job. We all have got to be engaging, inclusive, and going to where people are. I am trying to do my best with my program Politics Done Right. We can all do our part within our sphere of influence, whether in coffee shops, churches, synagogues, mosques, grocery stores, and everywhere else.
My Books support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom