Conversation on Surveillance, Security & Privacy
The Conversation on Surveillance, Security & Privacy continues with members from our community. What do Americans who live and work outside the overheated atmosphere of the beltway think is the right balance between security & privacy?
The Conversation on Surveillance, Security & Privacy continues. What do Americans who live and work outside the overheated atmosphere of the beltway think is the right balance between security & privacy?
I guested on HuffPost Live with Amy Goodman from DemocracyNow discussing this issue. Last Saturday my show Politics Done Right discussed these issues as well with the Coffee Party USA audience.
Most of the participants outside the beltway took a more pragmatic stance on NSA Edward Snowden’s leak. Amy Goodman was adamant on government encroachment on privacy based on constitutional interpretation. Josh Zepps brought historical perspective of foreign powers using these tactics for oppression and believes that is a possibility here. Ahmed Shihab-Eldin provided a defense for Snowden based on what had happened to Bradley Manning.
Originally aired on June 13, 2013
Hosted by: Ahmed Shihab-Eldin, Josh Zepps
- Amy Goodman @DemocracyNow Host Of Democracy Now
- Hanni Fakhoury @HanniFakhoury Staff Attorney at Electronics Frontier Foundation
- Brandon Brice @Iambrandonbrice (New York , NY) Writer, Communities Column/Washington Times
- Egberto Willies @EgbertoWillies (Kingwood, TX) Political Blogger and Author
- Jeanette Bennett @uvmaglady (Orem, UT) Editor/Owner of Utah Valley Magazine
- Sabrina Vourvoulias @followthelede (Philadelphia, PA) Author & Managing Editor of AL DIA News
LIKE My Facebook Page – Visit My Blog: EgbertoWillies.com