Donald Trump's constituents seem indoctrinated
Chuck Todd went into an in depth analysis of Donald Trump's supporters on Meet the Press. What he found is that the Trump voter isn't your typical Republican voter. They are a group that usually goes ignored.
Todd refers to this group as a new force in the Republican Party. 64% of his supporters did not attend college. 61% of his supporters do not attend church weekly. Most of his supporters are blue collar. 54% of them make under $75,000 per year.
Word smither Frank Luntz got a few of Donald Trump's supporters to sit down to answer some questions in a room. For those who have been wondering if his supporters are for real, the answer is yes.
Here are some interesting points garnered from the focus group.
- They think Muslims want to come to America to blow it up. As such they agree with Donald Trump on banning Muslims from coming to America. They should listen to Ted Koppel's observation.
- They are all scared (and jumpy).
- The President does not make them feel safer.
- They believe that when Trump explains his inflammatory remarks it generally makes sense.
- They know that Trump is in campaign mode. They also say he is playing the media. They said he says things in order to get the media to cover him.
- They say they do not believe everything he says. They know he is lying in order to get his issues addressed.
- They thinks his personality is larger than life.
- Even though Donald Trump frequently uses bad language when campaigning, his supporters say he is presidential. They applauded the statement from Donald Trump that said 'bomb the sh|t out of ISIS.'
- They think the country is in crisis and Trump is the strong leader with the solution.
- The sole black man in the room 'delusionally' said he believes many blacks will support Trump.
- They don't want to be burdened with political correctness.
- They said they are willing to overlook all the bad things he have said and done.
In other words, these are supporters that are not going anywhere. These supporters ensure that Trump will be going the distance assuming they maintain their Trump fever.