The city of Texarkana is in both Texas and Arkansas. Arkansas came to its senses and took the Medicaid Expansion to Obamacare. The proof is in once again. Texas Republican's choice has killed and is killing Texans. And Republicans are attempting to do this to the entire country with Trumpcare.
Proof Republican ideology is killing its citizens w/o ACA Medicaid
Do not be fooled by the lies Republicans are resorting to as they state their draconian cuts to Medicaid would provide better health care to Americans. It is more than incredulous. It is evil. One cannot cripple a program financially by removing 25% of its income and expect better results. Worse, Trumpcare is nothing but a heist of the poor and middle-class to provide the wealthy with an undeserved tax cut.
The very well done CNN report should awaken most who believe in humanity, who believe that our responsibility is to our fellow persons.
"This is the line that divides out community health," said Texarkana Care Clinic Regional Coordinator Joseph Pack. "The state of Texas decided not to go with the Medicaid Expansion, the state of Arkansas did even though they are right next door to each other. Now we are seeing vast differences in health."
"As far as stagewise, we are seeing more advanced stages from the Texas side than as from Arkansas," said Dr. Hesham Hazin. "We are seeing incurable patients from the Texas side more than actually in Arkansas where they can be treated with surgery as well as chemotherapy. ... It is unfair that I have to see a 45-year-old female patient who didn't get a mammogram because she didn;t have funds as opposed to somebody who is the same age right across the border who had a mammogram and she is cured with surgery and might not even need chemo."
In other words, lives are saved and cost saved with better outcomes and less disruption in the lives of Americans.
For all practical purposes, Texarkana is one city. The city is in both Texas and Arkansas. It is true that they have different mayors and fire departments, but people use the same hospitals and other services. It provides the perfect test case, the ideal comparison because two different policies are affecting the same population.
The evil nature of Texas' refusal to take the Medicaid Expansion to Obamacare vs. Arkansas who took it, is made stark in this city. Patients living a walking distance apart sharing similar illnesses have vastly different outcomes specifically because of the ideological choices of their politicians respectively.
The CNN story points out several important facts.
- Patients in states that did not accept the Medicaid Expansion to Obamacare seek help later because they cannot afford the care without insurance. They are sicker when they seek care. Their outcomes are expectedly worse, and many die.
- The statement that providing Medicaid to all the people who need it would overload the healthcare system was a lie. Worse, it is immoral because it immediately imposes a death sentence to the poor and those without insurance who get sick.
- Many people who need Medicaid worked all their lives, and it is at the time that they are unable to work and need the insurance many have paid into with their life of paying taxes, they fail to qualify for it.
Republican politicians claim they are the pro-life party. Even though it was evident that not providing the Medicaid expansion would kill, they still proceeded with their ideologically evil and morally reprehensible position. Unfortunately, not only are Republicans in Congress trying to kill Medicaid, Arkansas Republicans are attempting to do the same.
It is the time that all Americans, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and others wake up. We are in the same boat. Do not allow the Republican politicians to enrich their benefactors by killing our families, friends, neighbors, and coworkers with their evil, immoral, and draconian policies. Act now. Let them hear your voice on the phones and see your bodies on the streets.
- Texas Republican Slammed For Denying Uninsured Citizens Obamacare (VIDEO)
- NPR examines Texas' cost for refusing the Medicaid Expansion to Obamacare
- Governor Of Most Uninsured State Says Obamacare 'a Criminal Act'
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 EgbertoWillies.com
Also published on Medium.