Activists are mobilizing in Texas as the special session is soon to begin on July 18th. They will try to pass several Right Wing draconian bills. Texas activists need your national support.
Help Texas mobilize against Right Wing draconian laws
Please share my fellow political activist and friend Dr. (aka) Dona Nobis Pacem's message throughout your entire social media sphere.
I am a physician and community organizer in Texas. I started a group called Pantsuit Republic, which they say is a thing. I am asking you to ask your elected officials to ban state sponsored travel to Texas in the fight against the morally reprehensible anti-immigrant SB4, signed into law during our 85th legislative session of oppression.
As an update to this video post, the US House has in fact passed Kate's Law and the 'No Sanctuary for Criminals' Act this afternoon.
Breaking: Texas has joined 9 other states in threatening to sue the Trump Administration if they do not end DACA (which allows undocumented youth work permits). With the DOJ filing a statement in support of the state a week ago, the SB4 fight will serve as a national litmus test for whether we will or will not condone this bigotry as Americans.
Please contact me at email@example.com to join the SB4 summer of resistance specifically in mobilizing political and economic pressure against Texas. We will send you information on a national call tentatively scheduled for the weekend of July 16. Share widely on email and social media!
Here are some of the draconian bills the Texas Legislative special session will cover.
- The Bathroom Bill (HB 2899): Prevents local municipalities and school districts from establishing policies that affect transgenders' use of bathrooms.
- The Abortion and Maternal Mortality (SB 20): Require women to pay a separate health care premium for elective abortions.
- Prohibiting the use of taxpayer funding to subsidize health providers that also perform abortion
- Prohibiting the use of taxpayer dollars to collect union fees.
- Prevent local entities from passing their own texting-while-driving bans.
- Prevent cities from regulating what property owners do with trees on private land.
- Cap state and local spending.
- Rollback elections for property tax increases.
(h/t Texas Tribune)Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 EgbertoWillies.com