This GOP Senator very calmly made the case that the Donald Trump campaign colluded with Russia in a systematic manner no Republican has expressed thus far.
Senator Lindsey Graham makes a case for Trump's Team collusion with Russia
Lindsey Graham did not pull any punches as he, in a very methodical and prosecutorial manner, made a case for the Trump's campaign colluding with Russia.
In the interview he did with CNN's Manu Raju, Lindsey Graham stated the unquestionable facts.
- The main research body against Trump is funded by the Russians.
- Trump's campaign is offered assistance through an intermediary by the Russian government.
- Russians likely saw Manifort as an opportunity to get close to the campaign.
- Trump campaign expressed a desire for Russian help which was likely provided.
- The lawyer that Donald Trump Jr. spoke with in the meeting was a likely Russian agent.
- The likelihood that there were more contacts must be researched.
- Fusion GPS likely compromised the president.
"So what should we learn from all of this," Graham said. "The Russians were involved on both sides. They definitely tried to tip the scales against Clinton and for Trump. But the Fusion GPS organization that was trying to get the goods on Donald Trump was backed by the Russians. To me, this just shows how deep the Russians are into our democracy. And if you are a Republican or a Democrat, if you don't get what I was trying to, the point I was trying to make, that's a dangerous mistake cause they are trying to screw up our election and our democracy on both sides of the aisle."
Later in that same interview, Senator Graham made a significant threat to Donald Trump.
"If Jeff Session is fired," Graham said. "There will be holy hell to pay. Any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency."
It seems like the Republican Party may be starting to box Trump in, rather late, but better late than never.
Also published on Medium.