Americans are shortchanged not because of outsourcing, offshoring, high taxes, regulations, and inadequate health care. They are disadvantaged because of an ideologically driven willful gullibility where we consent to politicians screwing us. Americans need to stop patting themselves on the back as the rest of the world leaves us behind.
Every American should travel to a myriad of cities around the world. They will find that comparatively, our infrastructure both public and private is severely lacking. They will see that our government provided services are severely lacking.
Many have allowed the fallacy regurgitated by the plutocracy to have Americans fear taxes. If one gets more from paying taxes for a service that otherwise costs more in the private sector, then one should examine the choices the country makes.
Many industrialized nations prove with outcomes that in fact, the government can work. Not only can it work, but it can work much more efficiently in certain areas than the mythically more efficient market. In certain areas, private profits are nothing more than a public expense. The math is absolute.
So why do Americans pay so much in taxes? Our government uses much of our taxes for the military. We do not support education nor health care, and other services to make life better (e.g. family leave, etc.) as do other industrialized countries.
Our tax system is nothing more than a wealth transfer transport from the masses to the wealthy few. One must realize that spending heavily for defense means subsidizing many private corporations within the military industrial complexes that amass massive profits that you, the American citizens pay for over and over again. Again a massive transfer of wealth.
The same applies to our health care system. The American taxpayer pays for drug research. When it is time to develop it into a product, corporations monetize it, inflate costs, and make huge profits for selling us the drugs we developed at exorbitant prices.
Issue after issue, we have allowed the few to screw us all. They legally take what they should not be entitled to have.
Americans need to support a complete restructuring of our economy. Here are a few things we can do to really make America great for the masses.
- Tax investment income at a higher rate than income from work. Why should someone sitting on sitting at their pool or otherwise doing nothing pay a lesser tax rate than someone who risks their lives and limb to go to work every day?
- Drug companies must share profits with the U.S. Treasury for all drugs developed with taxpayer dollars.
- Subsidize medical students to ensure they don’t have massive student loans which ultimately every American pays for with high doctor fees.
- Every American who keeps a good GPA should be offered pay-it-forward tuition free college. The larger tax base from an educated American will pay for the subsequent generations.
- Establish a single-payer Medicare for All health system. It is the only mathematically feasible solution to our health care problem.
- No individual American should profit from fossil fuels or minerals found on their land. They did not put it there. Every American should have an inalienable right to all the country’s natural resources. We should profit from our work and added value, not from a value we had no stake in creating.
This may seem radical. However, if examined outside of the framework of our indoctrination, one would see it is both moral and fair. Americans must start asserting their worth and extricate the indoctrination established since the country's inception and fortified with the release of the Powell Manifesto. It is hard, but if we are to survive as a country, we will eventually have to get there. Americans must take back what was stolen using the dictates of preferential laws, from the poor & the middle-class.