Tina Fey returned to Saturday Night Live's weekend update where she destroyed Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and white nationalists. But her parting message is one I hope everyone will heed.
Tina Fey was funny as usual as she told a few inconvenient truths while knocking Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and white nationalists. Watching her stuff her face with cake should not distract from the serious commentary. So here are some important points she made.
- Make an effort to support a minority business to make a point.
- When people shout about taking our country back, remind them that technically speaking, the country was stolen from the Native Americans.
- Remember that when Native Americans protested at Standing Rock, they were met by bullets while well armed white nationalists were allowed to march without police disturbance.
- Antifa and Neo-Nazi comparisons are false equivalences. Antifa killed no one. White nationalists have.
- There are over 250 self-trained militias in the United States that are ready to mobilize at any time.
- Paul Ryan's silence on calling out Donald Trump's racism is deafening.
- Donald Trump defense of Confederate Statues is disingenuos.
- Sexism is still rampant (she tied it in perfectly).
Tina Fey's advice for the white nationalist's rallies would likely be more powerful than the shouting exchanges.
"In conclusion, I really want to say," Fey said. "To encourage all good sane Americans, to treat these rallies this weekend like a thoughtful movie with two female leads. Don't show up. Let these morons scream into the empty air."
I could not agree more. If these white nationalists get no attention, then it will give them a body blow. Their notoriety depends on an audience of people screaming and confronting them. Let's do something positive. Go into town and help out at a food bank. Donate some clothes. ...
Tina Fey hits it out of the park