Charles Manson: "I am nobody."
Charles Manson terrorized the United States and the world because not only was he cruel, his words were also full of hate and terror. Many weren't even alive when his bloody massacre began. But just hearing the name Charles Manson would cause terror as his words did.
- "I have killed no one and I have ordered no one to be killed."
- "These children that come at you with knives, they are your children."
- "I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up."
- "Maybe I should have killed four-five hundred people. Then I would have felt better."
- "Then I would have felt like I really offered society something."
He has always been dead:
- "I have done my best to get along in your world and now you want to kill me,"
- "And I look at you, and then I say to myself, You want to kill me? Ha! I'm already dead, have been all my life.
And although his face caused panic, he will always be seen as a controversial crime figure.
"Nobody," the killer once said. "I am nobody."