Many think I am crazy. Who gives up a software company for political activism? Actually, I think it is one of the sanest and sustainable things that I have done in my life. Why? I have leveraged all the technical complexities of developing, testing, & marketing software into building a political activist media company at a fraction of the cost.
Our political system needs us
You can make the difference
I am asking you to help in one or more of the following ways today.
- Please provide a one-time contribution or a monthly commitment via PayPal.
- Please get me to my first 150 patrons by subscribing as a Politics Done Right supporter (as low as $1.99, like buying a friend a cup of coffee and not having to think about it every so often?) at https://www.patreon.com/join/politicsdoneright. All monthly subscribers get access to all my books online and more.
- Please purchase some of our swag from the Politics Done Right store at http://store.politicsdoneright.com. Note you can change colors and sizes.
- Please share this link with your friends and acquaintances and encourage them to support this necessary endeavor.
So what do I do every day and beyond?
- Write 2 to 6 blogs a day depending on complexity and research.
- Host & Produce Politics Done Right Daily in Kingwood Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Fridays.
- Host & Produce Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston on Tuesday.
- Convert and distribute Politics Done Right as podcasts & vlogcasts daily.
- Search for and book interviewees making a difference from every ideological spectrum.
- Setup a device that records/monitors the 3 major cable channels throughout the day.
- Cut up network videos to incorporate into Politics Done Right or for standalone informational videos.
- Read through policy news from major newspapers, reputable blogs, and from fairly unknown gems
- Write an article that is featured every Sunday on the front page of the country's largest Progressive website, DailyKOS.com.
- Travel several times a year to political and activist conferences and events where I interview national and international politicians and activists who should matter to us.
- Converse with, and interview every day Americans locally and throughout the country to get the pulse of the body politic. I think that is the most fulfilling part of what I do. It is much more rewarding than interviewing a politician with canned and calculated answers.
- And other stuff I cannot remember as I write this.
I believe in my core that this country will only turn around from grassroots action as is occurring in good measure in Harris County Texas under the auspices of great groups like Indivisible Houston and Indivisible (National), PSR, Swing Left, BLM, and others.
The TEA Party metastasized into a lasting negative change because it was in the interest of many in power to have a backstop to a feared Progressivism. That is why a small TEA Party event will ultimately get more coverage than a well attended Progressive event by the corporate media,
Perception, narrative, and coverage is everything. We've finally gotten our narrative together. And guess what? The polls say that America is coalescing to the Progressive perception (read policies). Coverage of that reality is what's missing. Peer pressure is broken when people know they have options and will not stand alone. And only coverage of reality can do that.
At the beginning of the year, I laid out the small role
Politics Done Right committed to play in this huge endeavor of making sure everyone in America has a voice and to be a part of forcing the change to ensure every single American has equal access to success. That goal included assisting others in establishing overlapping networks of information to challenge the corporate media's dereliction of their duty.
To be frank, we've been thrown many curve balls, we think by design in an attempt to slow the growth of the necessary movement to stop and reverse the slide. Only your small investment can ensure we can slowly turn this juggernaut towards the path of an egalitarian society we are entitled to based on our works.
We want to give absolutely everyone a voice and worth whether they agree or disagree with what we are doing. That makes for a vibrant democracy. But ultimately we cannot be successful without you.
PS: (1) I have free bumper stickers. Email your address and I will send you one. (2) Remember if you ever want to discuss what is happening in our space you can contact me directly or join the next Zoom meetup.