I'm leaving politics for a few minutes to post this basic human story. Don't ruin your Christmas climbing without safety precautions. It could be fatal.
This story popped up in my feed. I figured we probably should get more people to see it. After all, a lot of folks are using their ladders more than usual around the holidays. So please be careful.
ABC13 reported the following
Texas dad dies after fall while hanging Christmas lights with son
RHOME, Texas (KTRK) -- A Texas husband and father has died after he fell while hanging Christmas lights for a client over the weekend.
Felipe Gallegos ran a window washing business with his family, but in the winter, they hang lights.
On Saturday, Gallegos and his 17-year-old son were hanging lights at a home while his wife was in the front yard when something went wrong.
"He was on the roof, and then we heard something, and I got out and went over there and he was lying on the concrete, saying 'Help me, help me,'" Gallegos' widow Alisha Flick told WFAA. "So I called 911."
Gallegos was taken to the emergency room. A cat scan came back showing he had a skull fracture, bleeding in the brain and a chest fracture, Flick explained.
"They rushed him into emergency surgery, but he didn't make it," she said. ...
Flick said she'll try to re-start the business, which was their only source of income.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Gallegos' family.