Even with the pandemic full speed ahead, I speak to dozens of people daily both on my Politics Done Right Program as well as with people who send me emails directly or in response to this newsletter. I love it. Hell, it gives me the pulse of our national and local communities.
I have seen an increase in worry as Trump has expressed his unhinged panic with a bravado that attacks vote-by-mail, forcing a Supreme Court Justice Replacement, implying an October surprise that will hurt Biden, and many other scare tactics.
Please get our new book "It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors" today knowing you (1) Get communication techniques & (2) Support Progressive message delivery.
These scare tactics only move the election closer to him if we allow it to. We have a great hand to create a landslide. We must not learn the wrong lessons from 2016, as I have explained in previous blogs. The polls then were not wrong. We just chose to view them and their respective trajectories thru rose-colored glasses. That “undemocratic Electoral College” loss was cockpit error. Biden’s numbers are much better than then and more stable.
They can become unstable if we allow Trump’s chaos to dictate the media narrative and our own. We must not. We must be headstrong and understand that Trump does not have a hand to play. That is why he tries to control the media by putting outlandish statements or actions to change the subject of the American carnage he knowingly created by his response to COVID-19 among his many other failures.
We must ignore all incoming messaging from the Trump campaign, his sycophants, his handlers, his Russian agents, and Trump himself and stay focused. We must stay focus on the real narrative and dictate the message.
- While Trump lies to Americans about having a good healthcare plan that provides preexisting conditions, he is busy in the Supreme Court attempting to kill the Affordable Care Act. The ACA is the only law that guarantees that health insurance companies must take care of preexisting conditions.
- Trump will bankrupt your Social Security with policies he has already implemented, which Biden will reverse immediately.
- Trump killed many of our friends, relatives, acquaintances, and other men and women in the nation because of his childish belief that he could wish a virus away even though he knew early on how lethal it was.
- Trump’s incompetence is solely responsible for the closure of schools to bars.
- Democrats handed Trump a strong economy, and as he has done with all his businesses, he finds a way to drive it into the ground. He never created a growing economy; he was riding a wave that began under the Obama administration.
- Trump has so deregulated the environment that he is poisoning his supporters.
Keep it short and straightforward. Choose the points to accentuate based on your audience. Add bullet items that you find reflect your targeted audience (friends, relatives, etc.) And all of us should be talking to our relatives that are Trump supporters. While the effort will fail for most, it will work for some. We must leave no stone unturned. Do not fear engaging civilly. Most importantly, VOTE. And keep telling others to do the same.