An exasperated Rachel Maddow mapped out that Donald Trump, a criminal surrounded by criminals, is the Republican frontrunner for 2024.
Rachel Maddow illustrates Trump's criminality
Rachel Maddow enumerated the list of Trump's officials that found themselves in jail or were indicted. She spelled out a surprising truth.
While we take stock of the alleged criminal details, it's hard not to notice the "culture of lawlessness" surrounding the former president keeps getting worse.
- Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.
- Trump's former campaign vice chairman, Rick Gates, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.
- Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.
- Trump's former adviser and former campaign aide, Roger Stone, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.
- Trump's former White House national security advisor, Michael Flynn, was charged and convicted.
- Trump's former campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.
- Trump's former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, was charged with wire fraud and money laundering.
- The CFO of Trump's business, Allen Weisselberg, was recently charged with tax fraud.
- And today, the former chair of Trump's inaugural committee was arrested, too. (Elliot Broidy was the vice chair of Trump's inaugural committee, and he found himself at the center of multiple controversies, and pled guilty last fall to federal charges related to illegal lobbying.)
To be sure, some of these men were ultimately pardoned by the former president, who doled out pardons as party favors before exiting the White House, but this doesn't change the "remarkable universe of criminality" surrounding Trump.
The high stakes presidential corruption Maddow detailed over our history seems to be a mostly Republican thing. Has America ever seen a frontrunner with this kind of baggage before? Oh! Yes! The last time Trump ran. We have proven we could elect garbage before. We must fight that precedence.
My Books support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom