I cherish comments from my Politics Done Right listeners. This statement about racism is often thought of but few times articulated.
Racism is complex because it isn't real
On a recent show, I had a Latino writer, Arturo Dominguez, discussing some Afro-Latinos 'objections' to The 1619 Project. Later in the show, a few of my listeners took exception to much of what he said.
Even though the interview was very specific, it opened the door to a racial discussion. We got comments like the following.
- I worry about the racial essentialism this view brings. It starts early. In nursery school, everyone will know what each other's race is and how important that is.
- When racism goes away Leftists & Progs will have little to talk about.
- Lol… Folks like Egberto will never allow racism to go away. It is their bread and butter.
- Egberto, everyone does judge others they don't know, by how a person looks/dresses. But most conservatives will not judge people's character until they see how a person acts.
- "Racism" is the lifeblood of progressive discourse.
- When you view everything through a racial lens, all you see is race.
- If progressives stopped talking about race then the problem would go away.
I think it is clear that some people are unable to be empathetic, attempt to walk in the skin of others. Worse, they disregard the verifiable comments by people of color who recount their experiences. I did a full commentary for my listeners. Please listen in its entirety and give me your thoughts on YouTube.
My Books support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom