I received an email from an acquaintance of a friend. He started an email conversation showing his displeasure with the Voting Rights bill. The email thread then evolved into disdain for the 1619 project and much more. His thought process was transparent. I include the exchange anonymously and would love your feedback. I have corrected grammatical errors that both of us made during the conversation.
Exchange with a racist
If the 2020 election was the fairest in history with record turnout What exactly are voting rights supposed to do? It is nothing but a mechanism for election fraud. And you should be careful because once fraud is established as the way the game is played, you might get out-frauded. People have to show proof of vaccine but not identification to vote. It’s so incredibly racist to say black people are too dumb to get an ID.
You answered your own question.
- The 2020 election was the fairest in history with a record turnout.
- Voting exploded.
- Red States then enact restrictive election rules that biased minorities and poor whites (removing dropboxes, allowing hunting and IDs and not student IDs,etc,)’
- Voting Rights Bills set a baseline so that those who would bring back the techniques that prevents some could not vote did not come back to fruition.
It is unempathetic to disregard black people/POCs who point out that town after town, their county officials make it difficult for them to get IDs. America is still a very racist country. I live it every day. I have superseded said racism most of the time. It is a burden white people don’t have. It incenses me that people who themselves have prejudices against POCs, attempt to make it the figment of POCs’ imagination.
The 2020 election was fraudulent.
It’s not valid.
If America is so terrible and racist, why do you stay?
- This is my country as much as yours or anyone else. And I intend to be a part of making it better.
- I will not simply cede anything unearned to anyone.
- I understand that racism is a necessary cancer for the plutocracy to maintain power. So I hate the plutocracy but love all the people including you my friend. BUT! I will not allow you or anyone else to disregard the evil of our founding nor will I ever let that evil continue without working with allies to extricate it. As I say on my show, most people are good. Most of those who control us, a large percentage of the wealthy are psychopaths. They use their wealth to program good Americans into a morass of hate. If I allow their infection to work on me, they win. If I don’t, even you will eventually join me and those attempting to make a difference for humanity and not capital.
That statement says more about you than reality. You are likely one of the few that are immutable, anathema to fact-based proof. I am happy that empirically, most on the Right that I have encountered believe in critical thinking and changing after they see the truth. They generally feel gullible and wonder how did they get down the rabbit hole. One has to be sufficiently humble and have real care to get there.
Obviously, you are a citizen by choice.
Why did you choose to come to an evil nation?
Why do you stay in an evil nation?
I can’t leave.
Liberals openly brag about stealing the election through fraud
- I chose here because America has its tentacles in every country in this hemisphere. Few understand that the immigration problem and many problems from Central America to South America to the Caribbean are influenced by America. From the Chicago Boy’s capitalism to its modified Manifest Destiny. I decided to stay where the control existed.
- Speaking about the evil under which we were founded is not debatable though redeemable.
- As I said, I have the right as much as you do or anyone else, sans the natives, to be here. I intend to be a part to make it a great country for ALL.
My ancestors were here 100 years before America existed.
They weren’t evil.
And nobody born in a foreign nation has any “right” to live here.
You’re trying to destroy the nation that welcomed you.
You’re trying to destroy the system that made you prosperous.
You’re so full of hate and jealousy that you’re no longer rational or logical.
It’s very sad. You must be miserable
- If your ancestors were here just 100 years before its founding, like any non-native American, you were on someone else’s ancestral land. That is not debatable.
- If they took land with violence they did evil. If they were ceded or bought land that was taken with violence, they were complicit. None of that is debatable.
- America welcomed me? I will leave that for another thread some other time. But again, just like America migrated throughout the hemisphere including creating Panama and the Canal which my ancestors built, my migration to America proper was apropos.
- With all due respect, I do not accept the notion that I do not have the right to be here from anyone whose ancestry is from yet another continent. You have no more right than I do. You can feel like you do but you don’t and never will.
- I have no hate for any human. If you knew me and listened to my show you would know that. I have no jealousy of absolutely no one. Jealousy is an insecurity in one’s nature. I was lucky to be raised by two parents who ensured none of their kids had that insecurity.
- I can understand that you would think I want to destroy the system. I want a system that serves us all including you instead of one that antiseptically enslaves. I gave up a very successful software company — you can look it up — for doing full time political activism because in my success I actually saw how it has the ability, because of our economic design, to disaffect most. I am not your enemy. Your enemy is a system dependent on us at each others throats. I will be civil and respectful to you. I will not however allow you to believe that the way things are, are somehow ordained and divine. At some time the eyes of most will be opened just like they have been opening for many over time.
- Except for the pain from my daughter’s 2nd stroke and her fight to get back to normal, I am the happiest I have ever been, even though I am 91% less prosperous doing this work. ?
My biological father was an American Indian living on a reservation. Mother’s side goes back to 1600. Daughters of the American Revolution and all that.
I was given away for adoption because nice white girls don’t mate with Indians. My adopted family “returned me” when they divorced when I was 10. Me and my white privilege. And my Indian ancestors were killing each other mercilessly. The Sioux were coming down to the plains at the same time whites were. The entire notion that taking land by force in 1600 was evil, is frankly pants-on-head retarded. People have battled over land since time began. Africans are still battling over land and they still practice slavery.
You are a perfect example of how communist propaganda like The 1619 Project, BLM, gay rights, and everything else exists only to convince people that America is evil so they will destroy it.
You bite the hand that feeds you. Curious, what do you think your job in the commune will be?
The acquaintance of my friend then felt compelled to address The 1619 Project. It is clear that he has been racially radicalized. Is he a racist? I don’t know. But he sure sounds scared.
An acquaintance of my friend:
This is shameful, isn’t it. Amazing how we openly teach children lies.
It’s designed to make them hate America, so like you they will want to destroy it.
https://www.newsweek.com/u-s-schools-have-openly-taught-1619-project-months-1530138The 1619 Project curriculum taught in over 4,500 schools — Frederick County Public Schools has the option
I find it amusing that you think the telling of our story, our history — which the 1619 project and Zinn’s book teach –makes you hate America. I think those who promote that notion are attempting to instill fear into Americans. It is amazing. I find that telling our history and how much we have overcome speaks to our current and potential strengths to change, to be better.
No race. Hell no, there is no race. No ethnicity has a monopoly on violence or evil whether black, brown, or white in hue. But we are recounting American history here. We could do Brazilian history and many others. We would apply the same critical analysis.
Let me shock you. I hold the Africans who sold slaves to the Westerners in the same contempt as the slave owners. They are all evil. You see, there are a small number of people that lead evil. Many of the executives of our corporations are the abstraction of evil for the shareholder the system. Look man, try to listen to my words through an unbiased lens. I am not attacking you. I have nothing against you. We are all products of the system. But it is on us to see the truth and then mitigate it.
You should also read The 1619 Project. My daughter is in a “The 1619 Project” book club on Twitter Space. I am learning so much of corroborated untaught history. Again, we do not need to defend the evils of a small number of our forefathers. It is their doing not ours. But we sure as hell should not continue to hurt others to protect their legacy.
And yet you hate America. Openly hate it. You think it was evil, is evil, and has to be changed. How can you love evil? Why do you want to change that which you love?Very little in the 1619 thing is true. It’s just propaganda designed to make people think America is evil.
It’s based on bald-faced lies. Nothing is written by anyone with knowledge of history or economics. It has never been defended by any historians. The people that wrote it won’t even defend it.
This is the same with BLM and everything else. Just propaganda meant to divide us and destroy the nation.
Read my words in the context written. You are wedded to the idea that I hate America because it allows you to hate me. When one has a friend and relative with flaws, you don’t throw them away. You work with them. The plutocracy wants to take our humanity away. They need you to hate me. They need you to think that I want to inflict harm on you or America to justify that hate. If we can concentrate on hating each other, then they continue to rob both of us blind. That is the entire reason I do what I do. To stop it. Again. Assume for once, that I am not the enemy.
What specifically is not true? Please be specific.
Don’t take it from me, take it from a black liberal university professor that focuses on slavery in America.
I Helped Fact-Check the 1619 Project. The Times Ignored Me. – POLITICO
OR maybe this long list of university professors that details the lies.
U. professors send letter requesting corrections to 1619 Project – The Princetonian (dailyprincetonian.com)
Or maybe the world socialist website will convince you
Historian Gordon Wood responds to the New York Times’ defense of the 1619 Project – World Socialist Web Site (wsws.org)
I don’t know you to hate you. I don’t even hate my ex-wife. lol.
The biggest irony is that what you accuse me of, is what you let them do to you with The 1619 Project and BLM. I am a civic nationalist. I don’t care about color. I care about Culture, I am very against multiculturalism. If you want to convert America into something it isn’t and has never been, and you think my ancestors were evil, then politically you are the enemy. You’re trying to subvert democracy and free-market principles. All that woke crap, all the BLM and 1619 and everything else has one goal, the destruction of America as we know it. You yourself want to destroy capitalism and think we’re evil.
Again how can you love what you say is evil? You can’t. You hate the nation that offered you sanctuary and where you prospered. You hate the medical system saving your daughter. It’s very strange.
As far as history goes, I don’t subscribe to the great man theory. I am a people’s history guy (i.e., Germany created Hitler. Hitler did not create Germany. America created Trump. Trump didn’t create it, He was created.
Great man theory – Wikipedia
I’ve read those. And it is the pushback I would expect. There is so much of our history that is a myth and told by those who would sanitize it. But the reality is tough. I like the way this Forbes article says it.
The carnage and hate that POCs endured and though not as bad, continue to endure, that alone should give credence to much in the book. I participate in the debates on the book. It gets healthy. And some think at times Hannah-Jones was too matter a fact. Anyhow, our initial sin was very violent, instigated by a few but perpetrated by many. When one tells someone like me that that is not the case, it concerns me. As I said, even though I smile and love, I have lived it.
Like I said. You choose to be immutable as we speak past each other. You are wedded to an ideology that hurts. America has always been multicultural. Africans, Chinese, Europeans, etc. built this country. If we did not have them, America would be different. As such, America is inherently multicultural. And no one should allow a forced dominant culture to prevail. Period.
I enjoyed our discourse. While you chose not to go down my logic tree, I am sure that a seed was planted in your brain, and maybe at some time when you open yourself up, it may grow. Or maybe not. But like I said. You and people like you, the immutable, thankfully are small even if vocal. As such, you will die out and thankfully for the next generations, we will have that society MLK and other good people have spoken about, a social democracy where your worth is what you decide to bring to the table. Have a wonderful rest of your day. I am done with this thread.
IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.
But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam — famous for “Bowling Alone,” his 2000 book on declining civic engagement — has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.
“The extent of the effect is shocking,” says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.
The last paragraph he sent me says it all. I won’t dispute the study. However, much can be inferred from human nature. A large percentage of prejudice is from preconceived notions nad misconceptions. Fix that and everything else is moot.
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.
SET YOUR REMINDER: Watch/listen/engage in the civil discourse on these and many issues at Politics Done Right daily (3 PM CT/4 PM ET/1 PM PT/2 PM MT). Podcasts (Video — Audio).