We cannot solve our problems without answers to a few profound questions. Understanding the whys leads us to solutions that can create our utopia.
Answers to these questions?
After watching the debacle on Friday where we made a fool of ourselves throughout the world as they viewed the dysfunction in electing the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Worse was his acceptance speech, where he laid out Republicans’ priorities. His speech clearly shows we will accomplish little if their policies are affected. Of course, six Republicans could join Democrats to accomplish much. But that is unlikely.
Last year I wrote the book “How To Make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it.” There are times when I turn off all the lights in my studio and meditate. I ask a whole lot of questions within the ethos. I asked the following questions in the introduction.
- Why do most Americans continue to accept a system that moves so slowly in empowering one group after another?
- Why do Americans support politicians who refuse to establish a health care system that takes care of all its citizens like every major industrialized country in the world?
- Why do Americans support a criminal justice system unfair to people of color and all the poor even though their country preaches morality to the rest of the world?
- Why do Americans continue to tolerate an unequal educational system where public education is proportional to the wealth of the school district where one resides?
- ·Why do Americans accept a public college system that leaves most students in debt?
- Why do Americans give corporations the same rights we give human beings?
- Why do Americans allow politicians to spend more than the next 9 or so countries combined for a defense we will never need, nor could we ever use?
- Why do Americans allow politicians to build toll roads, allowing private corporations to tax us for roads that should be built from taxpayer dollars?
- Why do Americans allow the working person’s income to be taxed at a higher rate than investment income?
- Why do Americans allow corporations to use the patent system to stifle innovation?
- Why do Americans allow deregulation at the expense of their health and a clean environment?
- Why do Americans support an economic system that benefits corporations and businesses over people?
The most important question, of course, is why did America, the country most grew up revering, fall from grace? Why did Americans elect the likes of Donald Trump?
A utopia is an imagined society with perfect qualities for all its citizens. An American Utopia is a society where we create policies that give everyone equal access to success and happiness. Let’s create it.