President Joe Biden did not mince his words as he described what returning Republicans to power would do to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.
Biden warns senior and others.
President Biden enumerated what it would mean to our social safety net if Republicans were to return to power.
- The hard-fought-for battle to negotiate for drugs with big pharma would be repealed. It would cost taxpayers billions of dollars and raise the price of prescribed drugs.
- They would cut the Affordable Care Act, which would increase the cost of healthcare for just about every American. He reminded the audience that Republicans tried to repeal the ACA over 50 times without having any plan for the millions who would lose their insurance. Every Republican bill since the law was passed included repeal.
- 100 million Americans with pre-existing conditions would lose the critical protections they have now. The ACA protects Americans from draconian insurance company policies.
- Cancer screening, maternity care, and many other services would no longer be covered.
- 3 million young people would lose coverage from their parent’s insurance policies.
- 40 million Americans would be in danger of losing health coverage completely. And to many, their cost would go up by thousands of dollars per year.
- Repeal of Medicaid Expansion would deny healthcare to millions of Americans.
President Biden is getting ahead of the curve early. Anyone listening to Trump at CPAC yesterday will understand why that is so important. Trump is already triangulating by disagreeing with Republicans about cutting the social safety net. He is once again playing the populist card.
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.
SET YOUR REMINDER: Watch/listen/engage in the civil discourse on these and many issues at Politics Done Right daily (3 PM CT/4 PM ET/1 PM PT/2 PM MT). Podcasts (Video — Audio).