Egberto Willies is a political activist, author, political blogger, radio show host, business owner, software developer, web designer, and mechanical engineer in Kingwood, TX. Egberto is an ardent Progressive that believes tolerance is essential. His favorite phrase is “political involvement should be a requirement for citizenship”. He believes that we must get away from the current policies that reward those who simply move money/capital and produce nothing tangible for our society. If a change in policy does not occur, America will be no different than many oligarchic societies where a few are able to accumulate wealth while the rest are left out because it is mathematically impossible to catch up. [LinkedIn profile]
- Political Blogger at EgbertoWillies.com
- Author of “It’s Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors,” “As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom,” “How to Make America Utopia: Take Away The Economy From Those Who Rigged It,” and other books.
- Radio show host “Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM“
- Former Radio show co-host: “Move To Amend Reports“
- OpEdNews Senior Editor.
- DailyKos Contributing Editor
- KPFT 90.1 FM Houston Local Station Board Member
- Pacifica Network Board of Directors member
- Coffee Party USA Former Board of Directors member
- Houston Peace & Justice Center Board of Directors (Communication Secretary)
- Move To Amend (MTA) former Board of Directors member
- Recipient of the Houston Peace & Justice Center (HPJC) local Peacemaker Award.
- CNN iReporter with over a million page views.
- HuffPost Live former contributor
- Co-organizer of Occupy Kingwood
- Texas Precinct 758 Chair