This was an epic exchange on The Ed Show. Right Wing radio host Heidi Harris was a guest on The Ed Show along with actor/comedian John Fugelsang.
Heidi Harris continued to show disbelief of Obamacare enrollment hitting 7.1 million enrollees. She continued spewing Right Wing talking points that were anathema to reality.
John Fugelsang speaks with a clarity others must mimic.
Ed Schultz then turned to John Fugelsang. The Democratic Party along with anyone supporting Obamacare should learn how to speak about Obamacare from John Fugelsang. He has the uncanny ability to be piercing while being very civil. That is much more effective than the tonality of attack. He said the following.
The interesting thing here about this is that this is a Republican designed healthcare plan by the Heritage Foundation, implemented by a Republican Massachusetts governor, upheld by a Republican Supreme Court. And these guys need it to fail before it can start helping save Republican lives. If the GOP had been behind healthcare reform, if they cared enough, if they valued saving lives over here over blowing up people over there, we might not see this happen. We might see a real public option, real reform, instead of this moderate messy improvement that Obamacare is. I often wish that the GOP had been this concern about fact checking back in the WMD Days. …
Millions of Americans are now insured. Tune into Hannity to see why this is bad. …
When Ed asked if the GOP would stop their attacks, John Fugelsang responded as follows.
Of course not. This is all they have to run on Ed. What has the Republican Party -- no disrespect to Ms. Harris who is lovely – What has the GOP done for working Americans since Nixon gave us the Earned Income Tax Credit. They named buildings after Reagan. All they’ve got, their entire 2014 narrative is that Obamacare is a failure. And guess what, the Democrats are walking around in clown shoes. I will agree with you on that Ms. Harris. Running on Obamacare as a failure, all they have to do is get their 23% bubble out to vote. The Democrats have to corral the other 77%. This could be enough. And I am sorry in advanced for all the lives that are saved.
It is great to see a progressive with a thick spine. It is great to see an unabashed liberal like John Fugelsang fearlessly tell the truth with unabashed strength and clarity even as he maintains civility and decorum.