We The People Amendment Introduced in Congress
We're pleased to announce that this morning Move to Amend's WE THE PEOPLE AMENDMENT was introduced in the 114th Congress!
The We the People Amendment -- House Joint Resolution 48 -- is the only amendment that deals with both Supreme Court doctrines that grant constitutional rights to artificial entities and that define spending money as free speech.
There are still many steps along the way, but this is a major milestone for the movement to amend!
Move to Amend will not now become a Congressional lobbying effort (not at this point). In fact now more than ever it is critical that we reach and educate the American people -- letting them know that there is a movement to get corporations out of our Constitution and big money out of our political process, and getting them involved.
Big thanks to Representatives Rick Nolan (MN), Mark Pocan (WI), Matthew Cartwright (PA), Jared Huffman (CA), Raul Grijalva (AZ), and Keith Ellison (MN) for standing with Move to Amend.
Move to Amend Spokesman David Cobb on The Thom Hartmann Show
What you can do:
- Send a message to your Representatives RIGHT NOW urging them to sign on to House Joint Resolution 48: The We the People Amendment.
- Thank our Amendment Co-Sponsors: send a message to thank them for taking a stand.
- Ask your friends to sign the Move to Amend petition to get involved in the campaign.
- If you're not already active in Move to Amend -- now's the time. Sign up to volunteer with an existing local MTA group or start one in your community.
- Make a donation to Move to Amend to support our work. We are a grassroots organization supported by donations from individuals like you.
We are proud of this significant success, but you won't see us resting on our laurels in the weeks and months to come. We know there is still work to do to ensure victory and we know you are with us to see it through to the end. Thanks for that!
Move to Amend National Leadership Team