Dr. John Theis' Opening of the Economic Inequality and Civic Engagement Conference
Lone Star College Center for Civic Engagement had its 3rd biennial Civic Engagement Conference between November 6th and 7th. The event titled Economic Inequality and Civic Engagement Conference was held at Lone Star College - University path located on the Hewlett Packard complex.
This year's conference flew in some power hitters in the field. Featured speakers included:
- Northwestern Professor of Political Science Dr. Benjamin Page,
- Assistant Professor of Public Policy at the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University Dr. Nicholas Carnes,
- Lloyd M. Bentsen Jr. Chair in Government/Business Relationships and Professor of Government at the Lyndon B. Johnson school of Public Affairs at the University of Texas Dr. James Galbraith, and
- Co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research in Washington DC Dr. Dean Baker.
Watch select individual sessions
- Dr. Benjamin Page - Stealth Politics by U.S. Billionaires
- Dr. Nicholas Carnes - The Cash Ceiling: Why Only the Rich Run for Office - and What You Can Do About It
- Dr. James Galbraith - Greece and Europe: Witness to a Mugging
- Dr. Dean Baker - Inequality: Recent Trends and Future Prospects
- Driven Theater Company: Special Presentation: Civic Playhouse
Dr. John Theis' Close of the Economic Inequality and Civic Engagement Conference