This Texas Republican County Judge needs a medal for what he said recently. Moreover, he said he would continue articulating this message. He even called out one of the wealthy guys that pretty much bought Republicans state politicians.
A local democratic politician dropped an article on my wall today, and I just could not believe it.
County Judge Glen Whitley of Hurst decided to tell the truth and made several points that not only every Texan but every Republican around the country. You see, they read from the same playbook. They are decimating their states from within that will become evident, many times, way after those who caused the damage are no longer there.
Here are the most critical points.
- Property taxes in Texas are high because every year the state pays less every year of its share for public education. Then the Austin politicians blame local politicians for higher taxes.
- Whitley said some state senators and representatives endanger our future by opposing needed local toll road projects and useful business incentives. For the record, I am against toll roads as a form of funding. After all, given that the infrastructure will be paid for no matter what, toll roads are more expensive because a cut of the funds goes to shareholders as opposed to building even more projects with profits.
- He called out by name, Tim Dunn, a wealthy oilman and Christian school owner who owns state senators and congresspeople.
- Republicans in Austin are for local control in name only.
- He pointed out that lack of investment in infrastructure by the legislature, highways, etc., will stunt growth.
- He pointed out that Austin Republicans raised taxes in a very dubious manner. They passed it off to the local politicians and said it in writing. "Property values and the estimates of local tax collections on which they are based shall be increased by 7.04 percent for tax year 2017 and by 6.77 percent in tax year 2018.” People in the room according to the article were incredulous.
The judge says he still considers himself a good Republican. Additionally, he said, many in the party are quiet but think like him. He said he would be giving this message to more suburban groups. This Republican deserves a medal.
It always amazes me that more Democrats don't point out the contrast in policies and their effects over and over again; ad-nauseam. Republicans lie about the result of their policies over and over again and because there isn't similar fervor from the other side, the lies morph into truths for many Americans. This Bill Maher skit should be on every Democrat's tongue.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 EgbertoWillies.com
Also published on Medium.