Immigration is one of those issues that no one quite gets because at the same time we want to be humane, human nature makes us fearful. It is now the time that we mitigate those seemingly disparate realities.
Robert Reich recently published an important blog piece that everyone must read.
7 TRUTHS ABOUT IMMIGRATION
1. A record high of 75 percent of Americans now say immigration is a “good thing” for the country.
2. America needs more immigrants, not fewer, because our population is rapidly aging.
5. Trump’s claim that undocumented immigrants generate more crime is dead wrong. Both legal and undocumented immigrants are significantly less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States.
6. Violent crime rates in America are actually at historical lows, with the homicide rate back to its level from the early 1960s.
7. Illegal border crossings have been declining since 2014 – long before Trump’s “crackdown.” There is no “surge” in illegal immigration.
Please spread the truth.
If everyone does their part, people will be informed and act accordingly.