It turns out Donald Trump's litany of immoral & corrupt behavior is a long continuous thread that one can normalize. Itemized like this makes impeachment an obligation.
As I prepared for my Politics Done Right show at KPFT 90.1 FM today I was listening to The BradCast show. Nicole Sadler from the Nicole Sadler show subbed for Brad Friedman. As I wrote my show I was listening haphazardly but then she got my attention. She was articulating a list of Trump's bad deeds. It never seemed to stop. It is no wonder it has been so hard to keep up.
Nicole got my attention. I stopped what I was doing and listened intently. She was reading the New York Times article below, "Donald Trump vs. the United States of America" by David Leonhardt.
Opinion | Donald Trump vs. the United States of America - The New York Times
- He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.
- He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.
- He divulged classified information to foreign officials.
- He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.
- He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.
- He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.
- He genuflects to murderous dictators.
- He has alienated America’s closest allies.
- He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.
- He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.
- He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.
- He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.
- He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.
Yes! It is time to impeach this man. Most importantly, he belongs in prison.