Senator from the poorest state and one most dependent on government, Joe Manchin, gave them the finger in this entire rant.
Joe Manchin shows his colors
Joe Manchin proved in this one snippet who he is. He cares nothing about his constituents. He pretty much threw them under the bus.
Senator Manchin made several things clear.
- He does not understand that society must be amenable to working people if you want people to work. Society needs to have means for parents to get affordable healthcare, affordable childcare, and available family leave. These are more important than building bridges. You can’t share the economics of building bridges if all do not have the opportunity to build them.
- The Senator puts capital over humanity. He fails to understand that human capital is a real thing. It is something America is losing. The angst in the country has its genesis in that reality.
- The Senator does not understand economics. He attributes a strong dollar to the Dollar stores going to a mostly $1.25 price. The price of these stocks soared because the titans of capital understood that the move would earn them more money. A cheap dollar means the crap at the dollar store cost less. And at the same time, they will charge the customer more. Again, the wealthy owners win.
Would you please listen to the entire clip?
My Books support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom