The Mainstream Media (MSM) have been toeing the Right Wing narrative on Prez Biden for some time. It is refreshing to see some truthful reporting.
CNN & MSM are changing the Right-Wing narrative
The MSM could not continue the Republican Right-Wing narrative of a failed President Joe Biden. Let me be clear, I wanted much more progressive policies passed than we got. Often Biden’s hands were tied, but I believe he could have used the bully pulpit more effectively against Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema. But I have always believed he was willing to govern by the policies that got him elected. But having Manchin and Sinema as a backstop gave him the choice to govern from his soul.
The above said, his successes, however tempered, supersede most presidents before him. CNN enumerated a few and realized their objective reputation was in danger. Well, my Daily Kòs friend Frank Vyan Walton created a more comprehensive list.
- Reversal of Trump Executive Orders including requiring all federal agencies to consider climate-related financial risk in risk setting policies and Restored California’s authority to set tailpipe emissions rules
- Rejoined Paris Climate Accords
- American Rescue Plan
- 500 Million Covid-19 Vaccine Shots
- Added 9 Million jobs
- 5% GDP during his first year
- Terminated the Keystone XL Extension
- Banned Drilling Permits in AWNR
- Created US-EU Global Methal Pledge to roll back emissions by 30% — signed by 133 Countries
- Plan with automakers to make 50% of vehicles zero emissions by 2030.
- Invoked DPA to speed production of: solar panels, transformers, heat pumps, insulation, fuel cells and speed production of materials for EV batteries
- Restored Clean Water Protections to streams, wetlands, and other waterways
- Reduced $380 Billion, a record amount, from the deficit in his first year
- Greatest and Fastest Economic Recovery in History
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
- Climate Change and emissions Executive Orders
- Expanded Affordable Care Act to 5 Million new customers
- Nominated and Confirmed a Historic rate of Judges
- Nominated and Confirmed Ketanji Brown Jackson to Supreme Court
- Largest increase in Manufacturing Jobs in 30 years
- CHIPs Bill
- $3.5 billion in Superfund cleanup (reinstated chemical excise taxes to fund)
- Made Juneteenth a National Holiday
- Restored the Violence Against Women Act
- 3.5% Unemployment with lowest jobless claims in 50 years
- Over 50 days straight of dropping gas prices
- Estimated Deficit Reduction of $1.7 Trillion for 2nd Year
- Lowest Child Poverty rate in history
- Allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices
- $380 Billion investment in Clean Energy
- $30 Billion in support of Ukraine against Russia
- Renewed Veterans Burn Pit Healthcare bill
- Killing Al Qaeda #1 Ayman Al-Zawahiri
- Implemented Firearms and Gun Safety Bill
And then there is the “What Has Biden Done” Twitter Account.
🖊Sign up to support and read all my stories and thousands more from many other independent writers and authors.
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.