The Mainstream Media (MSM) have been toeing the Right Wing narrative on Prez Biden for some time. It is refreshing to see some truthful reporting.
CNN & MSM are changing the Right-Wing narrative
The MSM could not continue the Republican Right-Wing narrative of a failed President Joe Biden. Let me be clear, I wanted much more progressive policies passed than we got. Often Biden’s hands were tied, but I believe he could have used the bully pulpit more effectively against Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema. But I have always believed he was willing to govern by the policies that got him elected. But having Manchin and Sinema as a backstop gave him the choice to govern from his soul.
The above said, his successes, however tempered, supersede most presidents before him. CNN enumerated a few and realized their objective reputation was in danger. Well, my Daily Kòs friend Frank Vyan Walton created a more comprehensive list.
- Reversal of Trump Executive Orders including requiring all federal agencies to consider climate-related financial risk in risk setting policies and Restored California’s authority to set tailpipe emissions rules
- Rejoined Paris Climate Accords
- American Rescue Plan
- 500 Million Covid-19 Vaccine Shots
- Added 9 Million jobs
- 5% GDP during his first year
- Terminated the Keystone XL Extension
- Banned Drilling Permits in AWNR
- Created US-EU Global Methal Pledge to roll back emissions by 30% — signed by 133 Countries
- Plan with automakers to make 50% of vehicles zero emissions by 2030.
- Invoked DPA to speed production of: solar panels, transformers, heat pumps, insulation, fuel cells and speed production of materials for EV batteries
- Restored Clean Water Protections to streams, wetlands, and other waterways
- Reduced $380 Billion, a record amount, from the deficit in his first year
- Greatest and Fastest Economic Recovery in History
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
- Climate Change and emissions Executive Orders
- Expanded Affordable Care Act to 5 Million new customers
- Nominated and Confirmed a Historic rate of Judges
- Nominated and Confirmed Ketanji Brown Jackson to Supreme Court
- Largest increase in Manufacturing Jobs in 30 years
- CHIPs Bill
- $3.5 billion in Superfund cleanup (reinstated chemical excise taxes to fund)
- Made Juneteenth a National Holiday
- Restored the Violence Against Women Act
- 3.5% Unemployment with lowest jobless claims in 50 years
- Over 50 days straight of dropping gas prices
- Estimated Deficit Reduction of $1.7 Trillion for 2nd Year
- Lowest Child Poverty rate in history
- Allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices
- $380 Billion investment in Clean Energy
- $30 Billion in support of Ukraine against Russia
- Renewed Veterans Burn Pit Healthcare bill
- Killing Al Qaeda #1 Ayman Al-Zawahiri
- Implemented Firearms and Gun Safety Bill
And then there is the “What Has Biden Done” Twitter Account.
🖊Sign up to support and read all my stories and thousands more from many other independent writers and authors.