This week’s show
Ebola, Healthcare, and Privilege
October 11th, 2014
Thomas Eric Duncan died this week from Ebola. He is the first person treated in for Ebola in the US that died. He is also characteristically and otherwise different from all those that survived their own bout with Ebola.
Sadly both Thomas Eric Duncan’s healthcare and death revealed much about our privileged healthcare system. Worst, it shows that American citizenship while not explicitly tiered is definitely implicitly tiered.
Let’s discuss Ebola, healthcare, and privilege.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hash-tag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Give me a call.
|Please help us build our new Politics Done Right page by LIKEing it now
My Blog Posts of the Week
- Chuck Todd steps in it again with poor political analysis of Alison Lundergan Grimes’ response on Obama vote
- The Julianna Forlano Show Episode 101 w/ Egberto Willies & Adam Weisman
- The Greg Abbott ad we’ve been waiting for. Hypocrite got his.
- This is what class & White privilege look like interacting with police
- Texas Voter ID Law Struck Down by Federal Court
- Sam Houston Calls on Opponent to Pay Back Illegal Funds
- Jon Stewart: GOP ads stereotyping & showing contempt of women
- Thomas Eric Duncan’s family say he got bad healthcare because he is a poor Black man with an accent
- Tamron Hall stops the false narrative developing for death of Thomas Eric Duncan
- Dan Patrick supported by Clayton Williams – Flocking together?
- This is how the GOP will attempt to re-institute intolerance for marriage equality
- WATCH: You won’t believe the police assault on this family in their car
- Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM – Stereotyping Islam hurts us all – Monday 9 PM CST
- Wendy Davis will break the status quo in Texas. Democrats will win statewide.
- This was likely CNN’s two most bigoted segments as Bill Maher’s Islamaphobia discussed
- Leticia Van de Putte endorsed by Houston Chronicle for Lieutenant Governor
- Houston Chronicle endorsed Mike Collier for Texas State Comptroller
- Chuck Todd attempts to twist guest’s words to bash President and fails
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Mondays 10:00 PM ET – Press “1” For Democracy w/ Dan Aronson (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch w/ Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)