This week’s show
June 2nd, 2014
False midterm election narrative, Gun control, & GOP fears realized
The last few weeks were difficult. It showed the impotency not only of our politics but those who run and report our politics. That impotence has begun to deteriorate our society.
We have a traditional media unable to report all but a narrative they create. When circumstances change they attempt to fit a square peg in a round hole. We will discuss that topic relative to the midterm elections.
We have a media that give politicians the airwaves to articulate false talking points. These talking points ultimately can kill. The killings at UCSB could have been mitigated if after all the tragedies in our country, meaningful gun control went into effect. It works elsewhere yet the news media fail to refute Republican false narratives. This will be our second topic.
Lastly, Red States decided to cede the building of exchanges to the federal government. In their shortsightedness they fail to notice they were making the possibility of a single payer healthcare system that more probable.
Let us tie this all together.
Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
|Please help us build our new Politics Done Right page by LIKEing it now|
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Gun control impotency is another failure of the traditional media
- Republicans’ biggest Obamacare fear is in progress
- Jonathan Martin gives pitiful analysis of Tea Party/GOP establishment mid-terms results
- Veterans groups slam Senator Richard Burr ‘insulting’ letter
- Bernie Sanders excoriates GOP hypocrisy for abandoning veterans (VIDEO)
- Courageous father blasts NRA after Elliot Rodger Massacre (VIDEO)
- Joe The Plumber: “Your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights”
- Gun control a big success in Australia – Blood on US politicians hands (VIDEO)
- Are the Traditional Media oblivious to the mid-term narrative that is falling apart?
- Michael Moore on UC Santa Barbara Shootings: “Guns don’t kill people — Americans kill people.”
- Elliot Rodger video telling why he was going to kill at UC Santa Barbara (VIDEO)
- Ben Carson: “What’s happening with the veteran is a gift from God” (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart: America’s great tradition of screwing our veterans (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart exposes GOP hypocrisy on Veterans Administration scandal (VIDEO)
- Radio: Move to Amend Reports w/Laura Bonham & Egberto Willies – Thurs 7:00 PM
- Rachel Maddow: Don’t Blame Eric Shinseki. Blame Congress! (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart is right. Veterans need a declaration of war (VIDEO)